Prep Music Newsdeveloper
Denham Court Scholarship 2023
Last week all Year 5 Parents received an email concerning the opportunity for students learning an orchestral instrument who have attained Grade 3 and above to apply for the Denham Court Scholarship in 2023. This scholarship subsidises a half hour music tuition lesson during Term time only. Applicants are to perform two contrasting pieces on a main orchestral instrument and may play on a second instrument which has to also be Grade 3 and above standard. Applications must be received by Friday 21st October and be endorsed by the Instrumental Music Teacher. No Late entries will be accepted. Auditions will be held on Tuesday 8th November. Good luck.
Instrumental Music Lesson Cancellation Notification
A reminder as we approach the end of the Term, that as per the Music Tuition Enrolment Policy, four week’s term time notice is required in writing to Mrs Campbell to cease private tuition lessons. We would appreciate your assistance in adhering to this policy requirement.
Cancelled Co-curricular Ensembles in Weeks 9 and 10
The following rehearsals are impacted due to Year Level Camps and will be cancelled in the weeks listed below. Please check the list carefully.
- Wednesday 14th September – Beethoven Strings
- Thursday 15th September – Trinity Singers Part 1
- Friday 16th September – Junior Choir/Trinity Singers Part 2
- Monday 19th September – Primary Choir/Chapel Band
- Tuesday 20th September – Chamber Ensemble/Percussion Ensemble
- Wednesday 21st September – Trinity Singers
- Thursday 22nd September – Concert Band/Chamber Orchestra/ Trinity Singers Part 1
- Friday 23rd September – Junior Choir/Cello Ensemble/ Trinity Singers Part 2
Mrs Geraldine Campbell | Director of Preparatory School Music