Snow Sports Newsdeveloper
It is not long now until the Sydney Regional Championships will be held at Perisher in July. The snow has begun to fall in the Snowy Mountains and will hopefully continue to build as the winter season progresses. Planning for the Championships continue, with registration opening several weeks ago and will close on the 22nd of July. There is still time to register for a variety of events, which is outlined below.
Snow Sports is an extra Co-curricular the School offers where boys can compete for Trinity within the Interschools Championships. Interschools has three main events, being Sydney Regionals, NSW State Championships and Australian Championships. All boys are able to compete at the Sydney Championships and depending on how well they place they have the opportunity to represent the School at State and potentially National levels.
The Sydney Championships always occur during the third week of the June/July holidays, and the State and Australian Championships occur during third term. This year the Sydney Interschools Championships take place at Perisher from Monday 11th to Friday 15th July. Boys should note that this activity requires parents to look after them for the duration of the week. Trinity does not take responsibility for boys’ accommodation and supervision while at the snow. All boys are required to stay with their families and are assisted on the mountain during racing hours by Trinity staff.
Essentially, any boy can compete for the Trinity Snow Sports team although we do ask that all boys should be confident and competent enough to race down a blue run with parallel turns on skis or linked turns on a snowboard. Our focus is for boys to compete and achieve their best while having fun whilst racing.
The following events will be run in 2022:
Alpine – Skiers are timed on a modified giant slalom course.
- Ski Cross – skiers are timed individually on a course including jumps and high-banked turns.
- Moguls – Skiers are scored on a bumps/jumps course.
- Snowboard GS (Giant Slalom) – Snowboarders are timed on a modified giant slalom course.
- Snowboard Cross – Snowboarders are timed individually on a course including jumps and highbanked turns.
- Cross Country Classic – Raced with skate or classic cross-country skis or style with a mass start. Teams need to field three skiers to achieve a team result. Classic cross-country style must be used.
- Cross Country Relay – Three skier relay team event only.
- Ski Slopestyle – Skiers are scored on a variety of obstacles including jumps, rails and/or other terrain park features. Division 1 – 3 can only compete in this discipline.
- Snowboard Slopestyle – Snowboarders are scored on a variety of obstacles including jumps, rail and/or other terrain park features. Division 1 – 3 can only compete in this discipline.
If you would like your son to compete or you would like more information please contact Mark Waters via phone 02 9581 6060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.